Posted to rec.audio.pro
darrelldklein darrelldklein is offline

Default Dual monitors on 98SE?

I have an old Dell P III that I run Win 98Se on because of some legacy
software. I have an extra VGA monitor.

At my day gig (government lawyer -- don't ask) I just got a second
monitor. Now I want to add a second monitor at home to my old PC.
Internet sites seem to show this is possible with 98SE (I may need
another video card. My work IT guy said flat out 98Se will not support
dual monitors.
Is anyone using a dual monitor set up running Win98Se?

Did you add a second video card or did you add a dual card? Were
there stability issues afterwords? My PC is tweaked for audio.

I have added CD burners, swapped out hard drives and added memory and
PCI cards and dug down into the BIOS to resolve problems but I have
never looked into adding a second monitor and now the system is
obsolescent at best.