Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Tinnitus?

On 9/2/2010 3:16 PM, Michael Dines wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:

It could be something minor (likely) or it could be something nasty
(less likely). If I were you I'd see my GP again and insist on a
referral to the local ENT department. That way if it's minor you're
reassured (and hopefully cured), if it's nasty they can catch it in
time.

Good luck.

Having dealt with several ear-related scares along the way, I agree with
Michael. One problem that is apparently rather common is benign tumors in the
ear. My ENT is watching the frequency response of my hearing because he can tell
from that whether to dig deeper.

Once in a matter of minutes, both ears sounded like I was at the beach with a
very loud, continuous, rushing noise. The noise was so loud that it was hard for
me to understand what people were saying. The ENT had me come into his office
immediately, and he put me on a very serious dose of steroids. Over two weeks,
the noise completely subsided, although I still have tinnitus.