Posted to rec.audio.pro
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Tinnitus?

Occasionally, I get a strange sensation in my right ear.

It feels like pressure on the eardrum, and it affects my hearing, a bit
like when you've been swimming and have water in your ear (I once
visited my doctor when that's what I thought the problem was, who said
there was no sign of pressure).

The sensation is most like the sensation I get when I stand with my ear
close up to a soundproofed surface, such as the kind of thick deadening
material in telephone kiosks.

I don't think I hear any whistling or ringing, but it is an unpleasant,
destabilising sensation. I've sometimes worn earplugs to try to block it
out.

I only seem to get this sensation when I am tired and haven't had enough
sleep. Otherwise, my ears seem to be in excellent shape.

Does this sound like it might be tinnitus?

Daniele