Jon Yaeger

I used to live in Hawaii, where roaches were the state pet. They grew to
enormous size, and were bold, too . . . .

From: John Stewart
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:15:56 -0500
Subject: Cockroach Race

Mark Harriss wrote:

Phil A won!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the race, not the OZ Bucks) JLS

Funny you should mention this, but Phil's state of
New South Wales and my neighbouring northerly state of
Queensland have a fierce 3 match round of football known
as "State of Origin" each year. The two sides are known as
"Cockroaches" and "Canetoads" respectively.

Patrick Turner's territory, the ACT, is surrounded by Phil's
eg: surrounded by cockroaches on all sides.

Regards
Mark Harriss

There are Cockroaches in this part of the world too. Luckily I live
just a bit north of their range. Seems the Winter here is just enough
to keep them out. Last three weeks has been in the range -15 to -25C.
Supposed to get warm today at -7C, but snow like hell.
(Probably doesn't snow much in Hell. The fuel cost would be outtta site).

BTW, what is a Canetoad. Check one below.....

A- Marsupial
B- Monotreme
C- Amphibian

There is no prize!!!!!!! Cheers, John Stewart