Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Microphones

Once upon a time on usenet wrote:
Putting aside all the expressions of puritanical musical moral
outrage, what I am interested in is whether or not there is s market
for such a device. Sometimes I play jazz jobs and have no mic at all
, the and other times I'm playing in a funk band, and when the
guitar player stomps on his solo switch , I want to do the same. Why
doesn't the guitar player just set his volume higher and then play
more softly? Because when you turn up the volume , you amplify the
hum and noise and fretboard sounds. Same for me, if I set my volume
high and then back off the mic during non-solo periods, it picks up
every little clank and rattle of my 1954 vintage sax, not to mention
all the other Amps and drums around me. So my suggestion is a
practical solution for real-world musicians, and if it violates
someone's concept of a utopian musical world , then I can live with
that.

God-damnned wall-of-text!

If posters can't write properly I'm not reading it. (Yes I realise it's 12
months old.)
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."