Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 6/12/2017 12:11 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Geoff wrote:
On 6/12/2017 9:24 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 11:32:49 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
They are all the same. Very noisy mixers. I was trying to use
one for a ham radio input, but it had more noise than a Lexicon
Alpha usb mixer. Not recomended for pro audio recording. Fine
for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

I've had two, and both have been extremely quiet. As good as
anything on the market.

I have used many. None of them was "very noisy".

Likewise. And reasonably solidly-built for good measure,

Well I wouldn't go that far. Something has to give to keep the cost
down, and with Behringer it's almost always the build quality.

given the market-segment they occupy.

Well yes, there aren't many better options at the same price, if any.

Sure, there are better mixers out there in most respects, at a
price.

As you should expect. There are however even worse mixers at the same
price or more.

I have not used any of the Behringer consoles but I can say that
many manufacturers have had good and bad products for different
markets at different price points.

Yes, but circuits in most of the Behringer consoles are similar or
identical, as is the performance in most cases, with a few exceptions.
None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
gain staging IS a problem. :-(
I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

Trevor.