Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Who does repairs of an Oktava MKL-2500 microphone?

wrote:
Can you give me contact info, or else send an Email to:=20

drichard at ww dot rr dot com.

Bounces, but you can send an email to my address, which is valid.

According to a site that explains how to tell the difference, this should b=
e a Russian one. It has the serial number at the base of the mic and the la=
rger power supply.=20

The problem is that McKay was often scraping together bits and pieces and
sending them out together, so I have seen the Chinese mikes with Russian
parts in them, the Russian mikes with Chinese power supplies... Chinese 012s
shipped with Russian capsules. I have even seen some odd prototype microphones
that were clearly test products from the Russian factory sent for evaluation
which they boxed up and shipped to customers.

I'd appreciate you taking a look at it.

I'd be happy to, although I warn you that maintenance season here starts
after the AES show...