Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Just got Sirius....

Thank you for the advice. I believe you are absolutely right as I have
produced some Techno with a Yamaha Keyboard and a midi card I bought that
connects via USB. However, when I went to make some recordings using my
computer, the SQ was ABSOLTELY TERRIBLE. So I knew this would be an issue I
would have to deal with as I do not have anymore than the cheap-ass
soundcard pre-installed on my 3 year old AMD 2800+. So your advice is
actually VERY welcomed.

My new Audio Technica cartridge arrived last week and the sound quality over
my stereo is excellent EXCEPT for an incredible amount of wow-and-flutter
due to an ancient belt, which I have oredered and am currently waiting for.
The thing was when it was not playing anything, the speed seemed to not
waver by close scrutiny of the strobe dots, but once a record was played,
the added "drag" brought home a problem that is not surprising as I don't
think this 30+ year old turntable has EVER had it's belt changed.

So once that has been done I will need some type of high-quality analog RCA
stereo to MP3 converter. Your post was right on track.

MOSFET

"suprstar" wrote in message
On Jun 29, 12:15 am, "--- SiTrE JoSEphEnnE MaGAnA ---"
wrote:
On Jun 14, 11:45 am, "MOSFET" wrote:

What? Is it still 2003? ....... I can go to thrift stores
and buy a boat load of tapes ......

What? Is it still 1981? Tapes?? And you think sat radio sounds bad?

And Nick, I know you care about SQ, and I promise you - if you run a
turntable into your line-in on your PC, you will NOT be happy with the
sound.. A PC sound card has the best AD converters you can buy for
28¢ Yes, even the 'good' sound cards.. They're all geared towards
playback and have little to no regard to sq on the input side. You
can get a decent 2-channel usb audio interface, designed for
recording, for well under a hundred bucks. Something like:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ace?sku=245507

is in the sweet spot in the price/performance curve. They're simple,
plug it into the usb and it shows up as a soundcard to your OS. I'd
disable my soundcard in bios, (or pull it out if it's not integrated)
and use something like this exclusively. Like I said, it's a sound
card as far as your PC is concerned, so games / winamp / everything
will play back thru it too. It's gonna be a long process to record
lp's and make mp3's out of em, I think you'll be ****ed to spend all
that time and end up with trashy sounding tracks.