Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Just got Sirius....

Was at a garage sale yesterday and someone was selling a Sirus device and
car kit, magnetic antenna, mounting cradle, cigarrette adaptor (which, of
course, I didn't use as I loped the cigarette plug off, run 12 volts through
it, and hid that and the antenna wire behind the dash coming out right
behind the device, making those wires invisable) ect. Anyway, they wanted 2
FRIKKIN' DOLLARS for EVERYTHING!!!!! I could NOT say no, even though I
really had no plans of getting Sirus in the near future though I have
FLIRTED with the idea as I get no clear stations where I live about 70 miles
north of Seattle.

It was remarkeably easy to install, took me no more than about 15 minutes,
just stuck that magnetic antenna outside right next to the front door, the
wire snaked inside and immediately behind the dash. Used velcro to mount it
on the dash (with a little spray of quick-dry glue on the back of the velcro
as I always do when I use that stuff), and the audio input was simply the
same input I use for my MP3 player and DVD player, so it LOOKS like there is
only one wire going to that thing as the antenna and power wire are hidden
comming out right behind the unit.

All I had to do to activate it was go to the Sirus site and give them my
Visa and device serial number. I just subcribed to the $12.95 a month
package.

Like I said, I have flirted with the idea of getting sat radio for years but
it was always the cost of the gear (unit and car adaptor kit) that diswayed
me, I just didn't feel like I needed it that much. This thing basically FELL
into my lap as it cost no more than pocket change.

Anyway, I've been having a blast with it for the last 24 hours. SOOOOO many
stations I haven't even explored yet, but the stations I have found and
aready programmed as presets are TONS of fun. The quality is as billed,
certainly as good as MP3's (perhaps not CD quality, but to my ears they all
sound fantastic, especially considering what I have had to put up with when
I OCCASIONALLY listen to the radio).

Anyway, I certainly would recommend Sirus to anyone. Easy to install,
cheap, and SOOO MUCH MUSIC. As I get older it can get harder to find new
music (I use on-line streaming stations now and then and the 40 some odd
stations I have on my cable system, but really not that often as I don't
listen to music really anywhere except my car). So this is a great way for
me to hear new techno and hip-hop I currently miss.

Tons of fun. Cheap. Works like a charm. Easy to install. Sounds great.
No complaints. Sirus rocks!

MOSFET