Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] djones53@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mordaunt Short Sysytem 442 Loudspeaker - Tweeter Wanted

I have a pair of Mordaunt Short Sysytemm 442 loudspeakers one of which
has a blown tweeter.

Having removed the tweeter from the cabinet I have confirmed it has
gone open circuit. There are no markings on it but the mounting plate
is 95mm square and it houses a 1" metal dome - on the back it says
"made in Germany" and has the number 95-6556 and states it is 8 ohms.

I have been told it may be an obsolete Isophon unit. I will need to
source another one or have this one repaired.

If anyone has any knowledge of this I would be grateful for any
advice

email me on if you can help

Thanks