Posted to rec.audio.pro
nebulax nebulax is offline

Default Store vinyl vertical? horizontal?

On Jan 4, 10:04*pm, "Keith." wrote:
"Carey Carlan" wrote in message

I stored my records upright, like books on a bookshelf. *My brother says
that will make them warp--store them horizontal.

I suspect vertical is correct, but I don't know why.

Any good references?\

The answers and common sense would suggest vertical storage.Theoretically
the single point contact with vertical storage could be a cause of point
stress but not so with flat storage.
I store both ways and have not experienced problems.
Has anybody had warping through flat storage?

Keith.

I've not seen warping thru flat storage, but if you already had a pile
of warped records and stacked them horizontally in a hot room, they
might eventually flatten themselves out.

-Neb