Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Recovering Audio from CD with no PRE TOC and no TOC

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message

The normal procedure is to hit record....record your
audio, hit stop, at which time a PRE TOC is written, then
at the end of all sessions you "finalize" the CD at which
point a TOC is written. Now it is easy to recover the
audio if there is a pre TOC but no TOC i.e. a disc where
recording was stopped normally but was not finalized.

Seriously, what I do when I *have* to record a CD-R of a live performance,
is to make a safety recording in some other format. At church, the other
format is DVD-R video. At festivals, the other format is a Microtrack which
runs on AC power, but has a built in battery that runs for another 2 or more
hours if power goes down.

I try to record everything to a hard disk before I ever start burning....

jak