Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default 6J6 driving EL84

On Dec 19, 10:43 am, tubegarden wrote:
Hi RATs!

The amp design in question has one happy listener. I don't know if he
is a Supreme Sonic Purist or anything - he posts about amps he builds
that he likes

If any of you have not built a single tube amp, get busy. What you
hear when there is nothing else there will be a wonderful learning
experience SV-83 and 417A each do quite well, alone

If you choose the 417A, to save you time, here is my Type 68bis "MZ"
417A one-tube amp:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg
Here is the circuit with component list:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/t...17acircuit.jpg
And here is the layout:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/t68bismzlayout.jpg
Suitable speakers are shown with the photographs referenced above;
other high-sensitivity speakers I designed for this and other low-
output amps are available from
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/JUTE%20ON%20AMPS.htm
The High Wife Acceptance Factor (HWAF) horn:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...20T91HWAF3.jpg
is authoritative but pricey with Lowthers; ask Mick about Fostex
equivalents. The Impresario, with its guitar driver, is inexpensive
and easy to build and surprisingly articulate for the money:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...Impresario.jpg

And for
those of you who need to explain why that is a waste of time, money
and effort in all the very best techno-garble, Merry Christmas!

It could be worse. Imagine what one of those technogobblegabble guys
would taste like as a turkey...

Happy Ears!
Al

Andre Jute