Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default 6J6 driving EL84

On Dec 17, 4:21 pm, tubegarden wrote:
Hi RATs!

OK, 6J6 driving 6BQ5 P-P. Using IXYS constant current source

I suppose I could look it up, but we're short of something to discuss
on RAT. So, what is an "IXYS current source"?

under the
shared cathode of the 6J6

Merry Christmas and Happy New Ears!

Al

PS, I may us 5J6 or SV572-10 ...

Now you're speaking in tongues a middle-aged bovver-boy like me can
understand! The SV572-10 is the real heavy metal rocker's amp out of
those Svetlana SV572-xx tubes, the -3 being a vocalist's delight with
one of the best midranges in the business, the -30 sounding pretty
punchy, verging on crude unless you matched it carefully to very
polite speakers, and the -160 being a pentode in drag (dunno what Svet
was thinking of adding it -- maybe some transmitting purpose outside
my ken).

Andre Jute
Perception is a skill that requires study and careful development over
a long period of time. Few have it as a natural gift. -- Iain Churches