Dermegy wrote:
Hi there, I need your advice on something.

I have the option of trading in my Rotel RCD-02 for either a new
RCD-1072 or a used RCD 991. Both for about the same price and both
with same warranty and service.

What would you do? Cd player is presently running through a RA-02
Intergrated amp (next to be upgraded) and then onto a pair of B&W
matrix 802's.

The only thing I am really worried about is that the 991 despite all
the rave reviews, stopped production 4 years ago...is it really out

of
date???

Only in the sense that it has some mileage on it. Rotels tend to be
built to last, but a new one should last just a little bit longer,
which is why I'd go for the new one. There certainly have been no great
(or even moderately small) advances in Redbook reproduction in the last
5 years, so performance-wise these should be a horse apiece. If you
really believe that one might sound better than the other, you should
listen and compare for yourself. (But compare them without knowing
which is which.)

bob