Rusty Boudreaux

Default Newbie Subwoofer questions

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in
message
ink.net...
Rusty Boudreaux wrote:

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in
message
k.net...

In reality it's not that big a deal. Most content creators
understand this and don't put any significant content above

80 Hz

or so in the LFE track.

So it doesn't do this in DVDA/SACD?

My knowledge of DVDA/SACD is limited. However, I assume they
don't have an LFE channel and wouldn't have this issue.

The LFE channel (when used) on DVD and laserdisk to allow

direct
transcription of the *cinema* soundtrack. In today's digital
world the LFE channel is unnecessary but maintains

compatibility
with existing cinema infrastructure.

What I was asking about wasnn't this os much as the

processing - since
this is done by the various surround processing modes.

In any case, you'd have to reset the speaker types, wouldn't

you,
for music versus movies to get rid of this artificial limiting?

I don't think so since it only applies to how information in the
LFE track is handled.