Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default Mind Stretchers

On 6/21/2012 4:07 AM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
On Tue Jun 19 02:20:16 2012 KH wrote:

On 6/18/2012 4:46 PM, Audio Empire wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:39:56 -0700, KH wrote (in

But the ability to sample a virtually endless number of

stereophonic (relative to listener reception) wavefronts, available

to an audience member, does not translate to a recording made from

any fixed perspective.

If you accept the premise, then your conclusion is correct. However

from my knowledge and experience, I find that your premise isn't

correct.

Ignoring threshold effects, I don't see how it could not be correct.

Not in the sense of different overall soundfields intertwined in the

venue, but rather different stereophonic interpretations of the overall

soundfield when evaluated from different incident angles. It's fairly

obvious that when you look ahead, look at the right wall, then look at

the left wall, the sound changes significantly.

I have told you that it doesn't work that way.

Yes, and A) you can "tell" me anything you want, but assertions lacking
data are not compelling in the least, and B) you continually misread,
misunderstand, and/or misconstrue what I write. As with:

You are setting up a new
sound field within your listening room.

A non-cogent statement interjected into a discussion about *venue* and
*recording environment*. Nothing to do with the reproduction except in
the context of what information is not captured on the recording.

Keith