Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Will SACD die?

willbill wrote:
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Kalman Rubinson wrote:

Yeah but what are the odds that there will be pure music audio discs
of any consequence on those media?

*IF* the music industry is at all interested in selling multichannel
music, it would be insane of them NOT to move to these formats,
since in a relatively few years,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

afaik, it's already true *now*

Not in my experience. None of my acquaintances has an HD or Blu-ray DVD player...yet.

i don't know the current numbers,
but my hunch is that BD and HD-DVD
players already outnumber by at least
a 2-to-1 factor (maybe even more
than that)

Maybe in terms of *new* sales, but currently I'm very sure that many, many more people
currently use 'SD' players than high-def players.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason