Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Use condenser sax mic with xvive wireless guitar system ?

wrote:
Hello good people,

Is it possible to use the new mini guitar wireless systems (Xvive for ex) w=
ith a mini condenser mic like the AKG C-519 horn/drum/piano mic using adapt=
ers ?=20

Maybe, but why not use a conventional wireless pack which is designed for the
job?

You could certainly plug the C519M into a straight butt plug pack like the
Sennheiser SKP500.

Or you could probably gut the electronics hybrid out of it and run the
element directly into a regular body pack like the Sennheiser SK100.

I tried it but without impedance matching adapters and there was a wine if =
the mic is too close to the battery pack. I also tried using the Xvive with=
a regular SM58 and non impedense matching adapters and it seemed to work f=
ine, I couldn=E2=80=99t hear the difference from an XLR cable. Problem is s=
mall clip on sax mics are all condenser as far as I am aware of and the Xvi=
ve will only work with dynamic mics)

Translation: the Xvive does not provide phantom power. It's not intended to
be used with microphones. Get a system intended for use with microphones.

What I want to do is use my good condenser sax mic wirelessly with a mini l=
ithium powered transmitter (no battery belt pack) and receiver like the Xvi=
ve does for guitar.

Any ideas ?

If you absolutely HAVE to jam a mike into the bell of a sax (which is a
terrible idea anyway if you ask me), just use a conventional wireless pack.
A good wireless system will have an input pad that will allow you to turn
it down so you don't overload the input stage of the pack.

You can buy wireless packs today which are very very small.