Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default Why do most commercial recordings (talking Classical and Jazz,

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:01:30 PM UTC-7, Dick Pierce wrote:
Gary Eickmeier wrote:
Okay, so Mr. Pierce, Keith Howard, and Scott W are surprised that a single
microphone can't record directional information, Pierce thinks that
recordings need to carry HRTF, and microphones can make great speakers.

I never said any such thing, Mr. Eickmeier.

I think I am done here.

You are done if you insist in putting your fanatstic misconceptions
into someone else's mouth.

You gotta admit that the way you asserted reciprocity, it COULD be
easily construed as an assertion that microphones could be used as
speakers and that those speakers would have the exact same properties
as the microphones would have when capturing the sound. I know that
you were talking about the diaphragm displacement when a microphone is
fed an audio signal. Ideally that diaphragm's characteristics should
mimic, exactly, the characteristics it demonstrates when intercepting
a sound field and converting that sound field into an electrical
signal. I knew what you must have been trying to say, but your wording
even threw me, at first.