goFab.com

Default Steely Dan The Absolute Sound

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:31:32 GMT, in article 8m2Hc.40996$a24.23645@attbi_s03,
chung stated:

I should think so, considering the broken
manner it was operating most of the time.

Broken? It was not operating as it was designed to operate? to me, broken means
it doesn't work as it is supposed to work or not at all.

If as goFab says, the rated power is 150W/ch and it clips at 2W, it's
broken. It certainly is not working as it's supposed to.

When I originally used the term "broken" in my post, it was not my choice of
words but a particularly quotable quote of Mr. Atkinson in a technical sidebar
to a review from several issues ago (I believe the review was by Dudley of some
flea powered amps). I was going by memory, so sorry if I mischaracterized those
words.