Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default Need in/on ear monitoring for elderly church service?

PEter Larsen writes:
MIght be as well, if the room is there, and they're properly delayed.
Chances are good they'll need to be flown as well. Hard to say, but
I'd hazard a guess that those with moderate hearing difficulties
normally would probably benefit even more from pew back speakers,
which could operate at a lower

And architecturally they do not change the way the room is
experienced.

WHich may be important for some as well. One of the biggest complaints I've seemed to hear after every church sound
upgrade in a traditional church is about those unsightly
speaker boxes. This is one reason I suggested them as
strongly to DAnny as well. Since they won't jump right out
and visually shout "loud sound reinforcement" at the old
folks they'll not even really notice the difference, until
you turn 'em off one Sunday grin.

Regards,
Richard