Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Need in/on ear monitoring for elderly church service?

Richard Webb wrote:

I'd advocate for the pew back system. TO get almost as good with
conventional racks and stacks is going to require as much money.

A good speech only alternative is distributed and delayed columns doing
200Hz to 10 kHz.

Those with a humumgous lot of money may do well with a single large tannoy
columna moderna digitalis, other manufacturers no doubt have equally costly
systems. I have however heard tannoy's demoed and it sounds tannoyesqe in a
good way. It could also be loud enough for leaving (i hadn't brought
earplugs, didn't think I'd need them to serious AES demo event) when
supporting the local gospel group in a danish "city sized" church, 600 to
1100 seater or so and large enough to be reverberant in a prohlematic way
for speech.

Richard

Kind regards

Peter Larsen