Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Need in/on ear monitoring for elderly church service?

On Sun, 15 May 2011 18:25:30 -0400, Owain wrote
(in article
):

On May 15, 8:49*pm, "Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~" wrote:
There are some systems I have seen where a church will check out
personal monitoring for elderly/hard of hearing folks. I assume there
is one transmitter and several monitors - Who makes them and what
should be looked for in them to make it work for everyone?

Many of them are infra-red which means the signal doesn't go through
walls, so you can use systems in different rooms without bleed-
through. Some systems have two or more channels for audio description
for blind people, or second language translation.

Some hearing impaired people will require an output for a neck look so
that they can use their own hearing aids on the T (telephone)
position.

You usually need a separate mix to go to the assistive listening
system, so there is some congregation/background noise when the
minister is not speaking, otherwise people can feel isolated.

Sennheiser is a popular manufacturer.

Owain

I've worked with a couple of these Ampetronics loop amps in churches. It may
be expensive to do the entire church, but you can do a section or two.

They do require hearing aids with T coils. Not all hearing aids have 'em.

http://www.ampetronic.com/

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA