Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ is offline

Default Need in/on ear monitoring for elderly church service?

On May 16, 7:52*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~" wrote
in

There are some systems I have seen where a church will
check out personal monitoring for elderly/hard of hearing
folks. I assume there is one transmitter and several
monitors - Who makes them and what should be looked for
in them to make it work for everyone?

This will be used in a church that is 5 miles from a
regional airport and not really near anything active for
fire/police. The distance needed for transmitting is only
100 feet or less and I don't think audiophile quality is
any issue at all. Talking voice is the main focus.

We have had a Williams Research RF-based hearing assistance system in
service for about a decade, and its clients seem to be very happy with it..
Same ask me why their own hearing aids can't work as well. At least one has
bought 2 more receivers for it just because they want everybody who needs it
to be able to use it. Several have bought their own recievers.

In some countries the law requires that personal hearing aids be able to
receive from a electromagnetic loop system, and that usually becomes a
preferred path. Not true in the US.

Thanks for all the input. I think I get them set up now.