Dave Martin

Default Small PA question

"George Gleason" wrote in message

Here's the parameters: I want a system that is at least a little bit
configurable to go from something my wife can load on her own to do a
guitar/vocal gig in a 20 seat lounge up to something that will work for

10
piece band in a hotel ballroom.

soundcraft power station powered mixer
Eaw la 212 foh speakers
and in-ear monitors owned by the musicians who want monitors
George

So George, you think that a powered mixer (obviously handy for solo or duo
gigs) is still the answer for a 8-10 piece private party band? I'll check
out the EAW's, but unfortunately, the private party bands around here don't
use in-ears - considering that you might play with 4 or 5 different groups
during the course of a week (another way to say it is that I may have
different guys on every gig if I'm playing 4 nights a week), it seems easier
for me to have a couple of pairs of monitors (which usually only have vocals
and sometimes horns in them) and just go for it.

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio