Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Tube amplifier poll

On Aug 10, 11:57 am, Sander deWaal wrote:

A neat list of equipment.

In *active* use in our households (2, main and summer houses) a

Amplification:

Scott LK-150 **
Dynaco ST-70 *
Dynaco ST-35 **
Harmon-Kardon Citation 16 *

Integrated:

Dynaco SCA-35
AR AU amp **
Revox B251 *
Dynaco SCA-80Q
HK Citation integrated tube amp on the bench being restored.

Pre-Amp:

Dynaco PAS-3 *
HK Citation 17
Revox A720 **
Dynaco PAT-4
Dynaco PAT-5bifet

Receiver:

AR Model W and model R Receivers (one *)

CD:

Yamaha 5-disc changer *
Philips (Holland) 5-disc changer
Revox B225 **
Original 'very first' Sony discman w/transformer pack adaptor.
(bench-
test unit) **

Cassette:

Revox B215 *
HK2000
Tascam 3-head

TT:

Rabco ST6 *
Rabco ST8
Revox B790 **
Revox B795

R/R

Revox A77 "road deck" (amp & speakers included). *

Speakers:

AR3a **
AR4x
AR M5
AR Athena sub-sat (vanishingly few were made before AR was shut down
by Jensen). **
Revox Picollo sub-sat
AR TSW 110 *
AR 622 active sub-sat system (bench-test unit) *

Tuners:

AR tuner **
Dynaco FM-3 heavily modifed *
Dynaco FM-3 full-factory
Dynaco FM-5
Dynaco AF-6
(repeat) Revox A720 **
HK-500
HK Citation 15
Grundig Satellit 700 (OK, a full-band portable radio with a very nice
stereo FM 'front end'). **

* = Likely to be still in service 6 months from now.
** = will be pried from my cold, dead fingers. Note that some of these
** choices are somewhat irrational and sentimental and/or for the
purposes of "completeness" rather than for any particularly great
sound as may come out of or through them.

No reference is made (except once) as to any modifications or changes
that may or may not have been made.

The rest of the stuff comes and goes as do the tides based on whim,
better offers or trades. And the list of "what once was" is far too
long for this venue.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA