Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Questions on Levels

On 11/19/2010 11:08 PM, Les Cargill wrote:

0dBFs is the upper limit for an instantaneous voltage
measure for
the output of a system of digital to analog conversion.

I'm still having a difficult time understanding what he
wants to be defined. We're telling him what 0 dBFS means
because that's really the only significant point in a
sampling system. He's asking for some arbitrary conversion
to a sine wave of arbitrary amplitude, and as far as I know,
there's no way to calculate that from anything but an
infinite number of samples. I don't have time for that.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff