Mike Rivers

Default Help Upgrading PC Please!!!

In article writes:

What kind of barrier are you running into with your 1.3 GHz system
now?

I'm getting rid of my digital mixer and outboard gear and mixing "in the
box"..

Ah. Well you'd better get the fastest board and CPU you can find,
install the software and plug-ins that you expect to need. Wring it
out good, and then resist, really really resist adding more to it.

I need to keep my older drives as I have current projects on them ..trying to
do as simple a swap as I can.

You might consider a removable drive bay in your new computer. This
way you can swap "project" drives in and you won't have to keep all of
your projects on a single drive. Alternately, you can (should) have a
second drive just for projects. This will not only let the computer
run smoother, but will make backup easier.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )