Arny Krueger

Default Help Upgrading PC Please!!!

"Mike" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

"Blind Joni" wrote in message

I need to upgrade an existing machine.

It is an ABIT MOBO running a Celeron 1.3 with old PC100 ram.

1. Can I replace the MOBO and Processor with a new one running a P4,
probably a 3.0 or so..it needs to be an Intel processor.

The old motherboard should be an ATX-format motherboard - that's an
industry standard that just about everybody but people like Compaq
adhere to quite closely.

A new ATX-format motherboard should fit in the same ATX-format
chassis. You will probably need to swap out the thin metal plate

You'll need a p4 compatible PSU though - I doubt the old one is.

True. Since I've built nothing but AMD boxes for the past three or so years,
those two extra connectors are just something that I have to ty-wrap out of
the way.