Posted to rec.audio.car
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default Repairing Blaupundt Tucson cassette player...beginners advice needed

I have some Blaupundt Tucson car radios, and I've always had problems with
their cassette mechanisms. I'd like to learn how to clean them and figure
out the mechanical problems. The first step is a power setup on my
workbench. I don't have a power supply, but I do have some old computer
power supplies which have 12v+, 12v- outputs (and others). Would they work
for my purposes?

Is anyone familiar with the Blaupundt cassette players...are they worth
repairing? If they aren't, is there a higher quality cassette mechanism
that could be substituted. I know the answer depends in part on the
problem, and it's been so long I don't remember exactly what it was, so I
have to bench test the radios first. But some general opinions would be
appreciated.

John