Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] vinylanachronist@gmail.com is offline

Default Ping STEPHEN

On Jun 3, 3:18�pm, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

What speakers do you have other than the Quads that I've heard you speak
so highly of? �For everyone: �what used speakers would you look at for
around $1200 used or new?

**See if you can locate a pair of NEAR 10M-II. I expect you should find them
for less than US$100.00/pr. Spend the rest of your budget (and preferably
more) on the best, high current, low NFB SS amplification you can. I've
found that the better the amplifier, the better these speakers perform.
Differences are not subtle. They are a most under-rated speaker. Be warned:
The NEAR 10M-II demands an amplifier of prodigious damping factor (tube amps
may not apply), particularly when clipped.

I'll second this recommendation. NEAR speakers are exceptional, and
underappreciated in the US.