Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blackburst@aol.com is offline

Default Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro: Main mix prefers right vs left

On Dec 28, 10:41*pm, Bluesbreaker wrote:
I'm having an issue with my 1402-VLZ Pro. I'm not sure what (if
anything) I can do about it.

In the main mix, when the right channel registers approx 0, the left
channel is about -20 to -10 on the meter.
As I crank the main faders up, they get closer in volume, but the left
is always lower than the right.

If I route the channel to the ALT-3/4 mix, and make it the C-R/Source,
I can see that left and right signals are in perfect sync.
So this panning problem is only happening on the main mix.

By changing the channel's pan to about 10 o'clock I get left/right to
register evenly in the main mix.

Summary of events:
- All pans at 12 o'clock
- Same problem for all channels (XLR or Phono)
- Main Mix: left channel is weaker than right channel
- ALT-3/4 Mix: panned properly
- C-R/Source levels confirm what I'm also hearing
- Used Deoxit on all input/output jacks (just in case)

Any idea what's going on here?

Also: Make sure there is no feed back loop: for example, main outs to
a cassette deck, whose outputs then come back to inputs on the mixer.
This has happened to me with Mackies, and it weirdly affects the
output levels, even if the cassette deck is potted all the way down!