Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bluesbreaker Bluesbreaker is offline

Default Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro: Main mix prefers right vs left

When you crank up the main fader, they get closer in volume AS
MEASURED IN dB or just the LED indicators are closer together in
distance?

The LED indicators show the left/right signals get closer as I crank
up the main faders. I can also hear the levels balance a bit more as
the faders come up. I don't have anything to measure the actual dB
output, but the difference is certainly audible.

Is the sound level at the output also unbalanced or only the meter
indication is unbalanced?

Unfortunately, the audio is also off-pan -- but only for the Main mix
(not ALT-3/4).

I really hate to throw out this mixer, but I also hate paying $125
bench fee for a 10 year old mixer.

Any advise?