Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Default usb interface for recording classical guitar

chris ruth said...news:3f4d011c-e8c6-4127-a5fa-
:

On Dec 2, 5:22*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/2/2011 9:03 AM, chris ruth wrote:

So i got a focusrite scarlett 8i6. Have not tried it yet. Hope it
works

I had one that worked fine with Windows XP Since Windows 7
has been out for a few years now, I see no reason why it
shouldn't work fine with that. But start out slow. Start out
with a large buffer.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

Well i tried it and it 'works' but i'm not happy with the sound.
I had to crank up the gain almost all the way to get a decent signal,
and it sounded kind of 'tin'-ey.
Now i know you would probably question that the tascam would actually
sound any better but i think it did.
Now i'm thinking the USBpre 2.

Did you make sure everything in the software mixer panel was set correctly?
They have switches from +4 to -10, etc, so it's good to check those as
well. Most any of these units now will usually have a software control
panel.

david