Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
And IF you are a musician, I'll bet you wouldn't be happy playing in a
venue with a $1500 sound system!

Oh, I wouldn't say that....I am perfectly happy playing a flugelhorn

through
an AT PRO 35 R microphone ($125) to a TC Helicon Vocal processor ($150)

and
a Behringer 45 Watt Amp ($175) to a dance floor containing around 20

couples
every week.

Maybe, but you could probably do that without the amp, and sound better.

Sure, the Rolling Stones couldn't use my equipment playing
Hollywood Bowl, but not all musicians are in their league. The amateur
musicians in this country outnumber the paid professionals by about 100 to
1, and many of them are a lot better than the pros, too.....AAMOF, I would
call most professional musicians "Entertainers", and not musicians. The

real
musicians in this world are practicing in their own living rooms, and not

in
front of any crowd.

I've worked with thousands of musicians, and I'd have to say that comment is
just as silly as saying all professional musicians are better than all
amateurs. There is great talent (and crap) in both camps, and personal taste
has a lot to do with which ones YOU think are the best.

MrT.