Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"dizzy" wrote in message
news
Bill Graham wrote:

"dizzy" wrote:

Bill Graham wrote:

Also, the highest note on a piano is only around 8 Kilohertz, so
it's pretty much a waste of time to buy devices that operate much above
that, either, but that's a whole different argument, and I probably
shouldn't open up that can of worms.....

You're right, you shouldn't. The are audible harmonics above 8 kHz,
no matter what the fundamental frequency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonics

Yes.....Barely audible, at least to me....I do notice that when I was
younger, I had little or no trouble being able to tell the difference
between real sounds, and sounds that came from some electronic
reproductive
device, but in recent years (I am 75)

Doesn't excuse the above silly statement you made:

And what silly statement was that?