Posted to rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in
:

snip

Hmmm.. My "fun" system, in my living room.

Somethings are old, somethings are new...

Pioneer Blu Ray Player: $120
Sherwood 100 wpc stereo receiver $85

Is this old and good or some Chinese **** by people who bought
out the name? Or does this brand actually continue? Or is this a
different Sherwood altogether (like a UK one?)

Rane 1/3 octave Stereo eq $300
Pair Boston Acoustics CR9 speakers $450
Paradigm 12" Subwoofer $450

Yes, there's a 60" HDTV spliced onto the side of this, but
it doesn't count!

No kidding. Throw that piece of crap in the trash and get a CRT
for a decent image. **** HD and LCDs. (JMHO.)

I guess that this system is according to you, not nuts.

No, but I would NEVER spend that much on anything Boston
Acoustics makes. You could have done a LOT worse though. It's a
decent brand, but a better value with their lower-priced stuff
IIRC.

However it is pretty close to the limit. IME spending more
money on speakers, including subwoofers can be audibly
beneficial.

I do not like subwoofers. They are for gamers and people who
like hollywood action ****.
I had a subwoofer hooked up along with my Tablettes for a while,
and I have been much happier since I removed it.

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.