Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...

"thanatoid" wrote in message
I used to be a musician and there is nothing I love more than
music. But I think people who spend more than $1,500 on a sound
system are nuts.

Hell I've never heard a pair of speakers that I'd be happy with for that
price, and the frequency response above 15kHz is NOT a real consideration
for me any more. BUT distortion levels and bass response sure are. However
for those who are happy with their little systems, good luck to them, they
sure save a lot of money, but don't pretend they are just as good.

And IF you are a musician, I'll bet you wouldn't be happy playing in a
venue
with a $1500 sound system!

MrT.

Oh, I wouldn't say that....I am perfectly happy playing a flugelhorn through
an AT PRO 35 R microphone ($125) to a TC Helicon Vocal processor ($150) and
a Behringer 45 Watt Amp ($175) to a dance floor containing around 20 couples
every week. Sure, the Rolling Stones couldn't use my equipment playing
Hollywood Bowl, but not all musicians are in their league. The amateur
musicians in this country outnumber the paid professionals by about 100 to
1, and many of them are a lot better than the pros, too.....AAMOF, I would
call most professional musicians "Entertainers", and not musicians. The real
musicians in this world are practicing in their own living rooms, and not in
front of any crowd.