Posted to rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"Bill Graham" wrote in
:

snip

I never disputed your /individual/ inability to tell the
difference, just your cloudy views on the matter.

Why are these views, "cloudy"? One can either hear the
highs, or not. If one can't hear them, then why would one
spend money to reproduce them faithfully?

snip

OK, just to play this for a little longer... HOW MUCH did your
system cost?

I used to be a musician and there is nothing I love more than
music. But I think people who spend more than $1,500 on a sound
system are nuts.

The logic of "If you can't hear it, you can't hear its effects."
(A.K.) appears undeniable, and I do not believe my stereo would
sound better - to MY ears, and 99.9% of humans - if it *just*
cost $30,000 more.

I *have heard* $30,000 systems with 2 mono block valve amps and
speakers 3 times the size of my body, and I am /perfectly/ happy
with my 20+ yr old 2x30W Sony MHC-3500, and my ProAc Tablette II
speakers (the original Sonys, better than you would think, are
used with my computer).

Even on MY system, I /can/ hear the difference between something
I recorded with a 15KHz high pass filter on Vs. off.

Anyway, this is silly to argue about.

Now, for something a LOT more important:

Has anyone heard if "they" have developed a tinnitus reversal
operation procedure, OR some wonder drug? Mine is not THAT bad -
when I am talking (etc.) I am barely aware of it, but when I
listen to MUSIC, it is in full force. A nightmare.

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.