Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"thanatoid" wrote in message

I never disputed your /individual/ inability to tell the
difference, just your cloudy views on the matter.

Why are these views, "cloudy"? One can either hear the highs, or not. If one
can't hear them, then why would one spend money to reproduce them
faithfully? Now, it may be that I am not the only one that listens to my
equipment, and therefore, I might want to buy and maintain better equipment
for my friends. But the facts are still the facts. If any part of a serial
system is defective, then the whole is not going to do the job, right? It's
like a chain, which is only as strong as its weakest link. So, ones ears are
a part of the system.....The last link in the chain, as it were. Therefore,
even if the rest of the chain is bouquet fine stuff, if the last link is
bad, then the whole thing is inadequate. That's all I'm trying to say, and I
see no reason to call my reasoning, "cloudy".