Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Value of KLH speakers?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/9/2010 5:24 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 17:05:10 -0700, Bill Graham
device, but in recent years (I am 75) I frequently get confused, and
think that something from the TV is a real sound, (usually
something behind me.) So, I jump up and look behind me foolishly,
when the noise just came from the TV or whatever.....My cats, on
the other hand, pay no attention to any program material from the
TV, but should something real happen, they perk right up
immediately, telling me that its a "real" noise.

I have a phone app that generates high pitched noise and it is
amusing seeing who in a crowd can hear it. Unsurprisingly, the name
of the app is "Teen Repellant"

One of my cats (B-K, whom I picked up in a Burger King parking lot) comes
when I call him with a "dog whistle" It's amazing how far away he can
hear that whistle. All I have to do is leave the front door ajar, and
blow that whistle, and he shows up in about 10 or 15 minutes.....

10 or 15 minutes? How old is that cat?

D "my late cat Oscar lived to be almost 20" Neb

B-K will be 7 this Thanksgiving. He is very gregarious, and knows most of
the neighbors....He spends time in all their houses, and so he might have to
wait until they let him out before he responds to my call....The guy next
door is allergic to cats, but he loves B-K, because he hates moles who
destroy his lawn, and B-K waits for hours to catch a mole, and then leaves
the body on his front doorstep as a present....:^)