Nousaine

Default SOTA vinyl mastering

(S888Wheel) wrote:

Tom said

Indeed. I find it utterly indefensible for people to suggest that we must

TRY
any crackpot scheme that comes along before remaining skeptical if the
proponent hasn't provided reasonable evidence that the "fix" actually fixes
anything.

I see you thing room treatments are nothing but crackpot schemes. We are
talking about a specific product that is a room treatment. Maybe it makes a
difference maybe it doesn't. Ho would you know?

I have never said that room treatments are crackpot schemes. However, this one
appears to be such.

Tom said

Have you tried the "miracle carburator" or the "magic sex potion" or

"miracle
hair"? Or the "Call Me Now forYour Furture"? Why not? Won't you at least

TRY
them before being skeptical?

No. Have you tried any room treatments?

Of course I have. I've built from scratch a sound isolated room with plenty of
room treatments both commerical and hand-built.

I've personally sat through a presentation by Micheal Green on his room
"treatments' which are crackpot snake-oil of the highest order.

My current room uses no commerical or home-built room treatments OTHER than
black-out curtains which provide a nominally optimal amount of mid-high
frequency absorption and early-reflection catchers. The stick frame/ dry wall
construction provides a reasonable level of low frequency absorption as well.