Steven Sullivan

Default SOTA vinyl mastering

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
On 18 Oct 2003 16:02:05 GMT, (S888Wheel) wrote:

You may not need to do anything other than press a button to master a CD but
mastering is an art and IMO Steve Hoffman is one of the best. I have purchased
every one of the new Jazz reissues he talks about above and to my ears they are
far and away the best version of each title I have ever heard.

Up to this point, your argument is plausible.

Interstingly
enough Steve Hoffman is a major advocate of one particular SET amplifier. I
have not had the oppurtunity to hear that particular amp, The WAVAC 833, but I
think it would make for interesting listening.

Unfortunately, this one comment tends to destroy Hoffman's
credibiity.....

and then there's this...

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm

--