Svante

Default transmission line bass

(Stewart Pinkerton) wrote in message ...

Consider the above, and then consider what *must* be happening in your
room. Also, please note that even in 1/8 space, you *cannot* get more
than 18dB of room gain, and 12dB is a much more likely maximum. I
canna' change the laws o' physics, cap'n.

Hmm, I have not followed this thread from start, but I would probably
consider his room as being smaller that 1/8 of the entire universe. I
see what you mean, (that a corner position of the lsp would mean
radiation in 1/8 of the space), but that model does only take 3 of the
room's 6 walls (incl floor and ceiling). If we consider the room as a
box, the room would give a 12dB/octave raise towards lower frequencies
as the volume velocity from the speaker modulates the room pressure.
Of course this way of reasoning is only valid for very low
frequencies, ie those below the lowest room resonance.

My point here is that 18 dB gain is not a theoretical maximum level
increase due to room acoustics.

Please forgive me if this was already treated earlier in the thread.