I suppose that is what they must do. The poor ears. I have always used
a mixing board setup where I route the computer audio to a tape return,
which I reference while over dubbing vocals and guitar.

I suppose my first post was crazed. I woke up thinking about this
problem and posted before I had any coffee.

Acid does not seem to offer the routing scheme that allows for realtime
monitoring of audio streamed through the computer. If 5 does offer
this, I have had the software for only a week or two. I have been
anxious to track as many of my songs as possible and haven't explored
many pf the new features. I only use software to record audio. I
sequence on dedicated hardware sequencers.

I am not trying to build a commercial studio seeking profits. I am
trying to ultimately burn cds that I can drop off to promoters and
college radio shows. I hope this doesn't **** you off. I have always
read your postings here with great interest .