dconder

Default Noise problem please help.

Ok, here is what I tried. Ran the rca's from my Eclipse brain into the JL
amps in my other vehicle. I tried my hardest but could not hear the hum and
pitch change. There was hiss but, no hum. I then hooked my Alpine
IVA-C800, that is in my other vehicle, up to the JL amps in my noise vehicle
and the noise came thru the Diamonds just like from the Eclipse. Maybe not
quite as loud but, that could be a preamp voltage difference between the two
units. I am pretty much at a loss. It started raining so, I am done for
the night but, any more suggestions you have, I will try. I really should
take the Eclipse out and have it checked to eliminate it but, I do not know
if anyone local can tell me that. I hate to have to send it in to Eclipse
without knowing if it is bad or not.

"dconder" wrote in message
I guess that was too good to be true. I unhooked both speakers and hooked
up a test speaker that I ran straight out of the 300/4 amp. I used my

Image
Dynamics Chameleon, ran it thru its xover and only hooked up the tweeter.
Noise still there, just like the Diamonds. I guess that eliminates the
Diamonds from being a problem. My wife just got home so, I am going to

run
from the Eclipse brain into the JL amps in my other vehicle. Hopefully,
that will tell me something. I will update again in a few minutes.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
BINGO! I'll bet one of your speakers is bad and showing the amp a short

or
is actually shorting directly to ground. Disconnect all of the speakers

and
then reconnect them one at a time until the noise comes back. Once you

find
the set that's bad you can do the same thing to see if it's the mid,

tweet
or crossover itself.

Paul Vina