Douglas Conder

Default Noise problem please help.

Well, I just took the car to my local installer. Great guy. I do all my
own installs but, he did a great custom enclosure for one of my vehicles.
Plus, I help him out from time to time with material from my machine shop.
Anyway, he said that it did not sound like induced noise and thought it was
not in the RCA's. He said either something wrong in the Eclipse or maybe
some noise from the power leads of the head. Any thoughts??

"Douglas Conder" wrote in message
ink.net...
Right now, they are down about to the bottom. I do use a test cd when I

set
the gains and a multimeter to set to the JL specs. The one weird thing on
setting is the Eclipse has 5 volt preouts. The JL has a low/high setting
for input sensitivity and with the Eclipse, it should be on high. But, if

set it on high, even with the gain all the way up, it will not reach its
target voltage. That has puzzled me as well. Maybe all of this is

related
somehow.

I am going to buy a really good set of long cables today so I can do some
outside the vehicle and vehicle to vehicle testing. I too, think the JL
amps are fine and it has to be farther up the chain. My rca's now are
Rockford Twisted cables run down the center console but, they have been

thru
several installs and vehicles and maybe something has happened to them.

wrote in message
Where are your gains set? Did you follow the JL guidelines? They may be

up
too high. I'm thinking it's a HU problem or you may have your rcas

routed
close to a device that is radiating noise into your rcas.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
I was able to try a couple of things this morning and here is what I

have
now. First off, here is the system:
Eclipse 7002
Eclipse 5122
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
Diamond M661 front
ID IDMAX 12" trunk

I took a portable digital radio and hooked it up to the 300/4 and

unhooked
the 500/1 rca's. There was only a slight hiss in the tweeters.

Probably
acceptable. I then hooked the portable up to the 500/1 and ran a

really
good set of Stinger RCA's from the 500/1's pass thru into the 300/4's
inputs. Again, only a slight hiss. Then I hooked my Rockford rca's

coming
from the Eclipse brain into the 500/1 and used the Stinger from the

500/1
into the 300/4 as before. There is still a changing pitch hum as

before
but, not as bad. So, I have only one set of rca's from the brain to

the
500/1 and I use the pass thru on the 500/1 to the 300/4. This leaves

the
set of rca's from the brain to the 300/4 unhooked. The noise is still

there
but probably half the volume. Problem is, I loose the ability to

control
the sub seperate this way. I hope that helps some more. Let me know

what
you think at this point. I do so appreciate all your help Paul.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
From what you've said you've done it has to be a problem before the

amps.
Let me know what happens after you run your HU to the other car.

Paul Vina