The Lizard

Default Bass Blockers Needed or Not

Mastermech wrote:
I Have a 92 K1500 pickup I just installed an Alpine 9807. I currently am
using some 10 year old sony speakers, (Installed some Kenwood 4675's but
they sounded terrible) but they don't seem to be able to handle any bass
without distortion. A powered sub will be going in soon. I was just curious
as to the use of Bass Blockers. Would they help protect these speakers, or
actually the ones I install at a later date from this type of distortion?

Bass blockers would likely help, but if you're getting that much
distortion, either the speakers are frelled, or you're trying to drive
them too hard off the 9807's output. If you can swing a buck or two, you
should be able to get a decent two channel amp with built-in crossover
to power them.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/