Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtougas

Default Need help reducing size of MP3s

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:00:17 +0000, news trained
100 monkeys to jump on the keyboard and write:

BootTuda said the following on 13/02/2006 01:09 am:
I have over 20 GB of mp3s on my computer. What is the best way to
reduce the size of them? Can I convert them to FLAC files or ZIPs or is
there something better? How can I convert them?

Unless there is a lot of silence on them, .zip won't do anything much.
FLAC files will be bigger. Without losing quality there isn't a lot you
can do. A bigger HD would not be very expensive, or burn the ones you
don't listen to a lot onto DVDs

Or move them out to an external HD...
--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings